IVoD (Interactive video on demand) is a premium feature of Storyly that provides streaming videos which can be up to 30 minutes and minimum of 2 minutes within a single story. The interactivity aspect comes from the fact that you would be able to add multiple interactive components and/or CTA elements to any section within the video.
With interactive videos, you can stream your recorded videos which can be uploaded through either the Storyly dashboard or Storyly Creator app. To use the IVoD feature of Storyly on your app, you have to update your SDK to the latest version, which is 1.9.0 for this feature.
Creating IVoD Through Dashboard
On your Storyly dashboard you can click on the Add Story Group button on the right side and select Create Interactive Video.
Interactive video creation process is a two step process: First you are required to add a story group cover image, name your group and arrange additional optional settings which is basically just like adding any other story group. On the second step, you just need to upload your video to the dashboard. Right after these 2 steps are completed, we’ll process your video and create your group. Just keep in mind that the time to process your video may vary depending on the size and length of your video.
Creating IVoD Through Storyly Creator App
You or your broadcasters can find the apps from both Google Play and Apple Store, you also can share the links below.
How to upload the videos via Creator App;
- First step is inviting your partner/influencer as a “broadcaster”. To do that, go to Settings > Team Management > Invite a partner/influencer who is not in the team yet for a “Broadcaster” role.
- Second, the partner/influencer downloads Storyly | Creator app and open the invitation link which directs them to sign-up page in the app.
- Next step, Partners upload the videos to the app with a story group name & description of the video (Story group name can be changed from the Storyly dashboard later.)
- The uploaded video is transferred to the Storyly dashboard, but before making it active there is one more step, Account Owner/App Owner should edit this uploaded video in the dashboard by adding a Story Group icon.
- Last step is making the story group active : The video will be at “inactive” status after the icon is set. You can make any change on it from the Storyly Studio such as; putting any interactive feature, text, swipe up and so on. After these changes, you should make your story group active so that it will be visible as a story in your app.
Making the Video Interactive : Storyly Creative Studio
You can add any interactive component to any section of the video from Storyly Studio. For interactive video on demand contents, you can add as many as interactives to your video!
You can use seek bar to navigate your video and click any preferred interactive component to add. You can also just add the component where you want to and change the time stamps from the interactive list right next to your video.
Those interactives have specific and unique analytics for you to check whenever you like.